REMEMBER THESE 5 FACTS ABOUT CELIAC DISEASE
1. It isn't an allergic reaction.
It's a prevalent misperception that people with Celiac disease are gluten-intolerant.
2. It's an autoimmune disease.
If a person with Celiac Disease consumes gluten, their lower intestine is damaged.
3. Celiac disease is incurable.
Although there is no cure or preventive, a gluten-free diet is a way of life!
4. Gluten can be found almost wherever.
Gluten can be found in far more items than the bread products on your local bakery's shelves, from beer to soy sauce.
5. Celiac disease causes a slew of other problems.
If left untreated, this autoimmune illness can lead to lactose intolerance, anemia, and gastrointestinal malignancies.
Hampton Gardens Apartments