5 FACTS ABOUT APPLE CIDER
1. Cider could be beneficial to your health.
In the nineteenth century, cider was advertised as a gout remedy.
2. One gallon of apple juice is equal to 36 apple slices.
To make one gallon of apple cider, that's a lot of apple bits.
3. Cider baptism used to be a thing
In the 14th century, children were baptized in cider rather than water because it was thought to be cleaner.
4. Cider was once thought to be safer than water.
Since the water in America was contaminated and full of deadly bacteria, many pilgrims drank cider instead of water.
5. In the US, beer prevails over cider.
Cider's popularity waned in the early 1900s as Europeans introduced beer to the United States.
Hampton Gardens Apartments